Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. ~Albert Einstein


Friday, July 16, 2010

Atheists

Hey, it's Josh again. Today I'm going to talk to you about something that irritates me. First, let me paint you a picture. There's an atheist at a school (let's call him George) and he's the only one in the whole school. One day, George is walking in the hall, minding his own business when someone (a "Christian") shoves him.


The so-called "Christian" says, "Watch where you're going, dweeb!"

I saw this happen everyday before school let out, and I'm afraid that I might see it happen some more before high school's over with. The people doing this claim to be Christian, but you can't tell it by their actions. I mean, didn't Jesus say in John 14:15, "If ye love me, keep my commandments."? Well earlier in the book of John, it says "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

In the story above, imagine what George might have been thinking. He was probably thinking that since none of the "Christians" in the school are nice to him, there's not a God working in their hearts like they say there is. In other words, he has no reason to believe in God if he thinks he's going to be heartless, and that's the opposite effect we want on an atheist, right?



God bless you,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment