Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. ~Albert Einstein


Thursday, August 26, 2010

The First Resurrection

Hey, it's Josh and to start off this post, I'm going to tell ya'll something about me that I haven't told ya'll. I used to be a huge fan of the Left Behind series, until I realized how much the authors had wrong. The main thing is that they messed up when the rapture will happen. They said the rapture takes place right before the Tribulation when, in fact, it takes place closer to the middle of the Tribulation. Revelation 20:5-4 says:




"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."



Notice it says, "This is the first resurrection." That means that there were none before it. And all of this takes place in the 20th chapter of Revelation, after the 7 seal judgments, the trumpets, and the vials. And this means that we all will have to choose between God and the mark of the beast. You won't be able to count on the rapture to keep you from what I wrote about in my previous post.





God bless ya'll,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment